Several years ago there was a Facebook group called "Addicted to Star Trek". It was a great little fan group where fans of Star Trek would discuss the themes, rank the characters, dissect the episodes, and celebrate the glory of Star Trek. Since that time, the creators of the group (and all those similar Addicted To groups) shut it down, and a few of us set up a Facebook group called Fans of the Formerly Addicted to Star Trek. We share news articles, post a few pictures, and have a lot of fun doing so. I thought a while ago that something was still missing from what we had was the different articles that we wrote and shared with each other. The other day, I realized that one of the best ways to do reclaim this is with the creation of this blog. So, here it is.
It is my hope that myself and my fellow ATST fellows will be able to create a vibrant blog about our love of all things Trek. I am hopeful that we can share insights and allow people to share and contribute their own thoughts and ideas. I will ask that the following rules be adhered to:
1. Since there will be a possibility that children will be reading this blog I ask that all contributions in all forms (pictures, articles, comments, etc.) be appropriate for all ages. That means there should not be any excessive profanity, sexual innuendo, sexually explicit material, or violent content.
2. In the true spirit of Star Trek, there is to be no discrimination of any group of people. This includes discrimination based on skin color, hair color, blood color, ethnic groups, culture, religion, lack of religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and sci-fi preferences.
3. Respect should be adhered to at all times. We can disagree on things like which is the best Trek movie, which Captain is best, and whether or not Star Trek is better than Star Wars, but in those discussions we should maintain a respect for diverse views.
4. This is a blog about Star Trek. It should not be used to push any political agenda of any kind. There is to be no promoting of any particular political parties or candidates.
5. A healthy and good-nature debate is always welcome. having said that, please refrain from making any personal attacks on either the people who are posting or people associated with Star Trek.
With those guidelines, I would like to welcome you to what I hope will be a fun Blog experience.